12.26.2011

1. Ikat

Before I knew that Ikat is a version of tie dye, I thought that I hated all things tie dye. I generally relate tie dye to unattractive summer camp shirts and people who smell like hemp. On the other hand, Ikat is very chic and adds the right amount of style without being too trendy or in your face.

I love the unusual color combinations in this room. Notice the Ikat curtains and pillows.

Cool distressed look.

I love the bright pinks and oranges in this.

These would look great piled on a bed or dressing up an outdoor seating area.

The Ikat curtains add flair to this otherwise traditional room.

Fun polka dot Ikat.

This could work in many rooms as a focal point or just a subtle detail. 

Crisp navy and white nesting bowls.

I love the contrast of this wild wallpaper with the more classic decor. These colors are fantastic.


A slightly more subdued Ikat wallpaper.




1 comment:

  1. OMG... I thought ikat was an app where you could own your own virtual cat! lolz small world!

    ReplyDelete